ICARC Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2011
- The meeting was called to order by club president KØCF at 7:30 PM. 16 Hams were present.
- Club Secretary KØACP read the meeting minutes. Minutes were accepted.
- Club Treasurer, KCØJFQ was present and reported great weather in Denver. He reported a positive bank balance.
- The Club will refund to Franklin, KCØISV, escrow money that he donated for the phone patch.
- Johnson County EC, WWØQ:
- The next ARES meeting will be at 7:00 PM on February 15 at JCEOC.
- All ARES members need to complete the 100, 200, and 700 courses.
- Dwayne Arnold exercise will be on April 21.
- NDMS exercise in May.
- Repeater update:
- Working well.
- Repeater now transmitting a 192.8 Hz CTCSS tone. See the club web page for details.
- KIØJP will be net control for the coming month.
- Dues are overdue.
- $10 - individual.
- $5 - Senior.
- $15 / $10 family.
- KØACP reported that the technician class had started with one student. KDØJHZ also showed up as an assistant instructor.
- ICARC invited to do a special event station on August 6, 2011 for Hooverfest.
- It was suggested that we register KØH as a special event callsign.
- Hoover was a big supporter of radio, and his son and grandson were hams.
- KØCF will be the point of contact for the time being.
- KØCF suggested a new link on the ICARC website to a Johnson County ARES page.
- This was moved, seconded and approved.
- KIØJP - chairman of the board - provided renewed articles of incorporation to KØCF.
- Dave Cripe, NMØS, reported the following:
- The ARRL Midwestern Division Convention will be here in August.
- Ozark QRP convention will be April 8 & 9 in Branson, MO.
- What do you get when you cross a centipede and a parrot? A walkie-talkie!
At 7:55 PM the meeting was adjourned.
The program, presented by Bill Thomas, KDØJHW, was about the National Traffic System (NTS).
Thanks to Bill for a very informative program!
Art Peters, KØACP
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF