ICARC Meeting Minutes
September 14, 2010
- The meeting was called to order by club president KØLUM at 7:26 PM. 16 Hams were present.
- Club Secretary KØACP read the June meeting minutes. Minutes were accepted.
- Club Treasurer KCØJFQ reported a healthy balance in the bank. $64 is owed to W3ACO for Field Day 2011 at City Park.
- The Grant Wood meeting room can now only be booked 90-days in advance. IC Public Library is poor for parking.
Coralville only allows 1 meeting at a time reservations. KØACP will follow-up with the Library Director to see a
longer-term reservation could be made for our not-for-profit. Kirkwood in IC may also be a solution.
- W3ACO looked into insurance alternatives. We currently carry $2 million in liability for $325 per year.
- KØLUM questioned adjusting the dues.
- Elections will be forthcoming.
- Net Control for the next 4 weeks will be KØACP - script is on the website.
- KØLUM passed out a motion passed by the board of directors that HamRad will be divested from the ICARC. It will
henceforth be disassociated with ICARC.
- HamRad update:
- WWØQ said that Iowa ARES and EMA claim that there is no liability.
- WØJV callsign will no longer be used at JCEMA: Moved, seconded and passed. (Operators will use their own callsigns.)
- ICARC will no longer be party to the letter of agreement between HamRad and Duane Arnold nuclear power station: Moved, seconded and passed.
- KIØJP will ask to amend the severe weather script to add the phrase "Thanks to ICARC for use of the WØJV repeater."
- EOC will use the 147.15 MHz Coralville repeater.
- KØLUM tabled further conversation till next month.
At 8:20 PM the meeting was adjourned.
The program was a video of the "MicroLite Penguin" DXpedition group's South Sandwich and South Georgia Islands operations.
Art Peters, KØACP
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF