ICARC Meeting Minutes
March 11, 2009
- Club President, KØCF, called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at the Grant Wood AEA
Building. 15 hams were in attendance.
- Club Treasurer, KCØJFQ, reported a healthy bank balance.
- Club Secretary, KØACP, read the minutes from the February meeting. Minutes were
approved with a couple of call sign corrections provided by KØCF.
- HAMRAD -- WWØQ reported:
- Severe weather season had started early in 2009 and that the Iowa City Weather Spotter
training would be held at the IC Public Library on April 9th from 6:30 to 9:00. You
must be preregistered to attend.
- The new Johnson County EMA center would be located at the SW corner of Melrose Avenue
and Hwy 218. Badges will be required for entry; KCØJFQ took portraits to use on ID badges.
- On May 13th Duane Arnold Power plant will be holding an emergency drill at the Johnson
- A survey was distributed for all present to complete to identify HAMRAD volunteers. A plea
was issued to new and additional members to assist as net control. Experience can be gained
by running the Johnson County Sunday evening net. Additionally, IS700, IS100A and IS200A test
certifications are required to work in the new Johnson County Emergency Operations Center.
- No formal repeater report was presented; however, general consensus is that the repeater
continues to work well except for some problems with DTMF tones on the auto-patch.
- Net control:
- Net control duties for April will be provided by KIØJP; however, he is lonely and would welcome
a volunteer to assist.
- WØIO License was renewed.
- HR9 looks like it will not be passed; however, it has been modified to exempt ham radio operators.
- Field Day 09-
- Shelter in Upper City Park has been reserved
- May meeting will be dedicated to planning for field day
- KC7QMF, Peter, again was soliciting interest in a mobile ham radio display at the August Hooverfest
on 8/1/09 from noon to 7:00 PM.
- No new business was submitted.
KIØJP moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 PM.
The program was a video from the Northern California DX Foundation on the DXpedition to Clipperton
Island, off the west coast of Mexico, and due south of San Diego.
Art Peters, KØACP
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF