ICARC Meeting Minutes
October 8, 2008
- Club President (KIØJP) called the meeting to order at 7:32 PM. Nine members were in attendance.
- No Treasurer's report was available, because Willy (KCØJFQ) was in Alaska. The September
meeting minutes were read and approved.
- HAMRAD report: WWØQ had no news to report.
- Membership Drive: Craig (KØCF) has constructed a mailing list of approximately 195 local
hams using the University of Arkansas-Little Rock database. The recruiting flyer is under construction.
It was suggested that the Club consider having a full-time membership recruiter.
- KIØJP reported that Jim (NOØB) piloted the plane that crashed in Iowa City on October 6
and was recuperating in the hospital. Both Jeff and Rich (W3ACO) had visited Jim, who was due to be
released the next day. A Get Well card was circulated for signatures.
- West Liberty Hamfest: Dennis (WBØMCX) reported that the Hamfest had attracted about 340 attendees.
The inside tables were pretty much full, but outside vendors were challenged by frequent rain showers.
- Net control: WWØQ kindly offered to serve as net control for the next month.
- KIØJP requested volunteers for a Nominating Committee, but there were no takers. Anyone interested
in serving on that committee should contact Jeff directly. According to Club rules, a slate of nominees
should be presented at the November meeting, prior to voting in December.
- The November 12 club meeting will be held in Meeting Room A of the Coralville Public Library. Further
details will appear on our website.
- There followed a round-table discussion about the Club's recent ham radio demonstrations at the Iowa City
- Rich (WWØQ) announced the availability of additional software tools to provide severe weather
warnings via internet, e-mail, and cell phones. He was encouraged to raise this topic at a future meeting.
- After the business meeting concluded at 8:13 PM, the program was a video of the 2006 DXpedition to Kermadec
Jonathan Poulton, WØCK, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF