ICARC Meeting Minutes
April 9, 2008
- Club President (KIØJP) called the meeting to order at 7:22 PM at the Grant Wood AEA
- Treasurer (KCØJFQ) reported a healthy bank balance. The Club is grateful to Richard
and Carolyn Hinty for their generous donation towards repeater upkeep.
- Minutes for March meeting are on-line.
- KIØJP reported that he and WWØQ had recently met with JCEMA Director Dave Wilson.
The future EOC facilities are on target for completion in mid-2009. KIØJP warned that
more FEMA-based credentials would be required for EOC access in the future.
- W3ACO reported that he and WBØMCX had met with Michelle of the Senior Center regarding
setting up a station to demonstrate amateur radio. Four 60-minute sessions are envisaged for
June 6, June 20, July 11, and July 25 (1 PM, on 2nd Floor, Senior Center). W3ACO asked for
two volunteers for each session. It was moved, seconded, and passed that W3ACO be authorized
to purchase a Hustler vertical antenna (10-40 meters) using club funds ($250).
- In response to an inquiry (KCØISV) as to why the Club had not held its Midwinter Party
this year, it was noted that it has become increasingly difficult to schedule a location where
one could both stage a meal and have a speaker. KIØJP reported that the Grant Wood
meeting room was not available for the second Wednesday of November. A consensus was reached
that the Club meet elsewhere, with possible options including the Coralville Public Library,
Van Allen Hall, and the Mercy Medical Plaza. WØCK volunteered to secure an alternative
- No official Field day report was given, but KIØJP noted that he would provide his
IC-746 for use. Also, regarding meals, it seems unlikely that JCEMA will underwrite the
breakfast this year. Better counts will be needed for both dinner and breakfast.
- KCØISV noted that the autopatch was behaving inconsistently. KØCF offered to
call John and others about this issue.
- WBØMCX will look into the possibility of having our traditional Junk in the Trunk event
as the July club meeting.
- KØCF recommended that HF operators take advantage of the Beacon Network to assess
- The business meeting adjourned at 8:09 and was followed by a presentation by W3ACO on
Jonathan Poulton, WØCK, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF