ICARC Meeting Minutes
March 12, 2008
- Club President (KIØJP) called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at the Grant Wood
AEA Building, Coralville.
- Treasurer (KCØJFQ) reported a healthy bank balance. Dues are still due.
- Minutes from the February meeting are on-line.
- Weather spotter training will take place on Saturday, March 15, at 11:00 AM at the Johnson
- The bill for the antenna for the UI Hospitals and Clinics will go to the Treasurer for payment.
- Because 1.970 MHz was busy, the recent Sunday evening test on 160 meters used 1.973 MHz.
- Members are reminded that the VHF Sideband Net meets every Sunday night on 144.190 MHz
immediately following the Johnson County Net.
- Responses to the Club's offer to provides free QST subscriptions to local schools were as follows:
All three schools are interested in licensing classes.
- City HS: No interest.
- Regina HS: Subscription desired.
- West HS: Wishes to see the magazine to evaluate.
- W3ACO will investigate outreach projects that may include such things as a Ham Station and Ham
Radio Class at a local High School and a Ham Class at the Iowa City Senior Center. Ray Meyer
indicated that he would set up a meeting with the Senior Center director to arrange for a ham
radio demonstration and possible schedule. W3ACO noted that ARRL curriculum materials are
available. A "Ham Class Committee" was formed with Rich (W3ACO) chair, Art (KØACP),
and Dennis (WBØMCX).
- Dennis (WBØMCX) requested operators for Solon Beef Days on July 19.
- ICARC's Field Day operation will be held at Scott Church Park.
- The business meeting adjourned at 8:16 PM. The program was a video on the 2006 Peter I Island
In the absence of the Secretary (Jonathan Poulton, WØCK), the minutes were kindly taken by Willy Robison, KCØJFQ.
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF