ICARC Meeting Minutes
February 13, 2008
- Club President KIØJP called the meeting to order at 7:31 PM at the Grant Wood AEA Building.
Nineteen hams were in attendance.
- Treasurer's report: KCØJFQ reported a positive balance and reminded members that dues are due.
- Secretary's report: January 2008 meeting minutes were read and approved.
- HAMRAD report: WWØQ reported that the National Weather Service predicts an "extremely active
severe weather season" this year. Club members were recommended to attend the Severe Weather
Training Sessions in Linn County (February 23) or Iowa City. The latter will be held at 10
AM until noon on Saturday, March 15, at the Johnson County Fairgrounds, Building C, and will
combine both introductory and advanced classes. Ten hams indicated interest in attending the
Iowa City session. The registration deadline is March 12. Further details are posted on the
- Repeater Committee: There was no official report from the Committee, but KIØJP reported that
the repeater was working well.
- Field Day report: WWØQ was requested to approach Sue Faith (JCEMA) for permission to use Scott
Church Corner as the Club's 2008 Field Day site. NØLBG urged that the Club identify a back-up
site (e.g. Kent Park, Cosgrove), in case Scott Church Corner is already reserved.
- UI Emergency Treatment Center Renovations: NØRXD reported that the original dual-band antenna
came apart during cleaning. It was moved, seconded, and motion passed that he and W3ACO purchase
a new antenna as replacement.
- It was moved, seconded, and motion passed that the Club offer the libraries of the three local
high schools one-year complimentary subscriptions to QST magazine, beginning in September 2008.
KØACP offered to contact the librarians.
- RAGBRAI: ABØXP asked whether ICARC had been asked to assist with communications. As yet, no
request has been received, nor has the Club made any official offer to help.
- Net Control: WWØQ and KIØJP volunteered to serve as Net Control beginning in
mid-February and mid-March, respectively.
- The February meeting program was an excellent presentation by W3ACO on modeling wire antennas.
Jonathan Poulton, WØCK, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF