ICARC Meeting Minutes
January 9, 2008
- Club President KIØJP called the meeting to order at 7:29 PM at the Grant Wood AEA
Building. Nineteen hams were in attendance.
- Treasurer's report: KCØJFQ reported a healthy bank balance and reminded members
that dues are due.
- Secretary's report: The minutes of the December 2007 meeting, submitted by WØPPF,
were read and approved.
- HAMRAD report: KDØL reported that he is working on a list of equipment, including
antennas, for the new Johnson County EOC. The annual Severe Weather Training Session,
jointly sponsored by JCEMA and the National Weather Service, will take place in Building
C at the Johnson County Fairgrounds on Saturday, March 15, beginning at 10:00 AM. The
deadline for registration is Wednesday, March 12. Further details are provided on the
- Repeater Committee: NØRXD reported that, although, to his knowledge, KØGH had not made
any adjustments to the WØJV/IC repeater, it seemed much improved, an opinion shared by
many in attendance.
- Net Control: KØCF offered to serve as Net Control for February.
- Field Day: KIØJP reminded the group that is not too early to start thinking about the
2008 Field Day site. Jeff will request WWØQ to approach the County regarding the
possibility of reserving Scott Church Corner again this year.
- The program for February will be a presentation by W3ACO on "Modeling wire antennas".
If anyone would like Rich to consider a specific antenna during his presentation, they
should contact him as soon as possible.
- The program for the January meeting was an excellent PowerPoint presentation by W3ACO
on contacting the International Space Station on 2 meters (via digipeating, voice, and CW).
Jonathan Poulton, WØCK, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF