ICARC Meeting Minutes
December 12, 2007
- Pres KIØJP called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at Grant Wood Area Education Agency Area 10 building in Coralville.
- Treasurer: Ending year with good balance. 2008 dues are due.
- Secretary: Minutes read and approved.
- HamRad: WWØQ had meeting with Dave Wilson:
- New JCEOC building may be in the works.
- A more formal agreement between HamRad and JCEMA was talked about.
- A change in severe WX operations is under way.
- Both "basic" and "advanced" weather spotting will be taught in Johnson County.
- Dave is encouraging IS-100 and IS-700 on-line web courses be taken by Ham Radio operators.
- Dave is looking into credentials for Ham Radio operators.
- It was moved, seconded and voted that WWØQ appoint KDØL as associate HamRad Director.
- John, KØGH, reported a burst of noise occurs occasionally. He is going to turn the squelch back some to get rid of it.
- The repeater CW ID will be changed to "WØJV IC" to comply with FCC regulations which make the "/R" illegal.
- Net control: December-January - Jeff, KIØJP
- Nominating committee: slate of officers below was voted on and passed.
|Office ||Candidate ||Callsign
|President ||Jeff Dodd ||KIØJP
|Vice President ||Craig Fastenow ||KØCF
|Secretary ||Jonathan Poulton ||WØCK
|Treasurer ||Willy Robison ||KCØJFQ
|WØJV Trustee ||John Kauble ||KØGH
|Activities ||Rich Haendel ||W3ACO
|Activities Associate||Joe Hetrick ||KCØVKN
- Program for January will be how to talk to the Space Station via 2 meters.
- Program was a video on the VP8THU South Sandwich Island DXpediton operation.
George Carsner, WØPPF, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF