ICARC Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2007
- President Jeff, KIØJP, opened the meeting at 7:30 PM at the Grant Wood Area 10 building.
- 19 were present.
- Treasurer reported a positive balance.
- Secretary reported that "junk-in-the-trunk" was held for the July meeting at Tru-Art.
- WWØQ reported that all antennas are up at the Johnson County EOC office.
- Dave Wilson is the new JCEMA Director.
- A limited number of "ham" people will be allowed in the EOC room.
- Personnel must take training to qualify.
- Ham operators DO NOT need an extensive background check to participate.
- Repeater: 147.15 MHz machine is back in operation as back-up for 146.85.
- Field Day: A good time was had by all. Harvey, NØLBG, provided tents for two operating sites.
Antennas included: 2 - 40 meter, 1 - 80 meter, 2 - tri-band beams, 1 - 6 meter, Mark's VHF link.
- Fox Hunt set for Saturday, October 6 -- details to follow.
- Program: Rich, W3ACO, presented a lecture on Noise and Noise Figure in receivers. You can't hear
them with the best and most expensive receiver if you live in noisy environment.
George Carsner, WØPPF, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF