ICARC Meeting Minutes
September 9, 2009
- Club President, KØCF called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at the Grant Wood AEA. 16 hams and
3 guests were in attendance.
- Club Treasurer, KCØJFQ, reported a healthy bank balance.
- Club Secretary, KØACP, read the minutes from the August meeting. Minutes were approved with two corrections.
- HamRad, WWØQ, reported:
- 3 UHF/VHF Hustlers 7/8"hardline at 110, 102, and 69'.
- Alpha-Delta will be an inverted Vee at an Apex of 65' either LMR400 or LMR900.
- Strange case of Johnson County ARES Coordinator - received an AARL ARES to WWØQ. Conversation with Dan Miller:
- Nothing has changed in Johnson County will be HamRad.
- HamRad Director will be appointment from ICARC.
- WWØQ will continue to be HamRad for Johnson County.
- ICARC HamRad members will receive HamRad ID Cards and will require a signed receipt. This is because:
- Our role in supporting an event will be asked to handle confidential or sensitive information.
- We agree to play by the rules.
- We agree that we are not first responders.
- Johnson County EMA can withdraw at any time.
- Johnson County EOC operators will require 3 certifications and a background check.
- HF antenna has not yet been pulled up.
- KØCF asked if room has been furnished. WWØQ has not been out to the facility so status not known.
- Facility is diesel-generator covered.
- No formal repeater report was presented. However, it is still working and the squelch has been
- The autopatch still has trouble with some touchtone pads.
- Net control:
- Net control duties for September / October will be provided by KIØJP.
- Room is not available on November 11th.
- KØACP will reserve one of the meeting rooms.
- The club will debrief on Field Day results at the September meeting.
- We will be up to 3A.
- KØCF made a couple of handouts for club members.
- In July Elmer Ferrel, KGØDL, passed away. Estate items for sale include dual-band 17/12 meter yagi,
a Ringo Ranger, a homebrew antenna, Kenwood TS570D for $500, Kenwood TS520, Heathkit HW99 Novice
CW 50 watts with built in power supply, MFJ versa tuner, Dentron supertuner, Bencher BY2 paddle,
and a Realistic SW receiver. KØCF will put a list on the website.
- KØCF demonstrated a cool power strip.
- Dennis mentioned that the Peoria hamfest is coming up.
- KØACP asked to get some QSL cards printed; KØCF will provide some that he printed himself.
W3ACO moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 PM.
Art Peters, KØACP
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF