ICARC Meeting Minutes
August 12, 2009
- Club Vice President, KIØJP, called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at the Van Allen Building
on the U of I campus. 14 hams and 2 guests were in attendance.
- Club Treasurer, KCØJFQ, reported a healthy bank balance.
- Club Secretary, KØACP, read the minutes from the April meeting. Minutes were approved.
- HamRad, WWØQ reported:
- JCEMA update is that building will be 1st class.
- JCEMA was going to use its Code Red designation to page weather spotters as part of their emergency
response to severe weather.
- Tower will be 165' free standing. An informal antenna party may be in the works.
- The room for HAM communications will be 15'x15' and finished nicely.
- It will contain 2 HF capable radios covering 160m - 10m and 4 V/UHF radios.
- The tower will have 1 Alpha/Delta HF antenna and 3 VHF/UHF antennas. All antennas will be rated for
100 mph winds.
- All antennas will be connected via LMR400 coax w/N-type connectors.
- W3ACO suggested that one of the VHF/UHF antennas be a Yagi pointed at NWS in the Quad Cities.
- NIMS 700, IC100 and IC200 course completion is required to work in the EOC. This is an open-book exam.
- No formal repeater report was presented. However, it is still working.
- Net control:
- Net control duties for May will be provided by KIØJP.
- The club will debrief on field day results at the September meeting.
- KØACP will be conducting a Technician licensing class and is looking for two other
VEs to hold a VE Session. KIØJP and WWØQ both volunteered as VEs.
W3ACO moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:55 PM.
Art Peters, KØACP
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF