ICARC Meeting Minutes
December 13, 2006
- 7:30 PM - Meeting opened by president Craig, KØCF, with introductions.
- Treasurer's report was read and approved.
- Secretary report was not read as the secretary was not in attendance. The report is
available on the ICARC web site.
- HamRad - Rich, WWØQ, reported on the exercise at West High School. It went well and Rich thanked
all who participated. The HamRad committee is preparing a recommendation concerning the
status of HamRad for club consideration at a later meeting.
- Old Business:
- John, KØGH, reported on the status of the new repeater controller. He and Mark, NØRXD,
are studying how to program it. He sent in club membership to the Iowa Repeater Council.
- The antenna analyzer is in the possession of Craig, KØCF.
- New Business.
- Net control for December-January is Jeff, KIØJP. For January-February, Rich, WWØQ.
- Nominating committee recommended and membership elected the following by acclamation:
|Office ||Candidate ||Callsign
|President ||Jim Meade ||NOØB
|Vice President ||Craig Fastenow ||KØCF
|Secretary ||George Carsner ||WØPPF
|Treasurer ||Willy Robison ||KCØJFQ
|WØJV Trustee ||John Kauble ||KØGH
|HamRad ||Rich Bingham ||WWØQ
|Activities ||Eugene Alvis ||WØICY
- The question of a mid-winter party was raised with no expression of interest.
- Membership expressed a desire to conduct a Field Day at Scott's Church Corner.
Rich, WWØQ, will coordinate site use.
- The club voted to reimburse John, KØGH, $5 for Iowa Repeater Council fees.
- Jon, WØCK, advised of uncertainty on a few of the club's meeting dates for 2007.
It was decided to conduct the next meeting on Wednesday, January 24th at the Grant
Wood Area Education Agency office in Coralville. This is a change from the regular
second Wednesday of the month.
- Dennis, WBØMCX, introduced the question of a Special Events for the club's 75th
anniversary. The issue will be explored at future meetings.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.
- Craig, KØCF, gave a short presentation and handout on new bandplans.
- Jon, WØCK, showed a video of the 1999 Campbell Island DXpedition.
Notes taken by James Meade, NOØB, acting secretary.
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF