ICARC Meeting Minutes
March 8, 2006
- KØCF called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM at KØCF's QTH.
- Head count was 18 as we introduced ourselves.
- Secretary's minutes were read by WØPPF and corrected, then approved.
- The treasurer, KCØJFQ, reported a positive balance in the bank.
- HamRad: NOØB reported on a meeting he attended in Marshalltown.
- Main topic was required training for inter-communications between emergency agencies.
- CD topic was cut off pending a question on interest to a non-profit corporation.
- Postcards will be mailed out to those who were members in 2004 and 2005 and who have
not paid their 2006 dues.
- A discussion about our un-repairable repeater controller took place.
- It was moved and seconded, and then passed that we purchase a new RC-1000C controller for
$259+60+55 for its recordable voice messages, which makes the current controller available
as a backup to ensure reliable operation in case of an emergency.
- Field Day: No chairperson has been found yet.
- Recruitment: no flyer has been designed so far.
- Sunday night net: KØCF or NOØB will take it for March-April.
- Web: see web for latest Hamfest dates, ham classes, exam dates.
- W5FH would like to start a slow speed CW net on 2 meters.
- A request was made for communications for "Run for the Schools" event.
- Program: Al Culbert, KØAL, presented a program on impedance, transceivers, and
antenna matching, and why it's important. He then examined KØCF's multi-band
antenna for SWR with state-of-the-art meters.
George Carsner, WØPPF, Secretary
ICARC Meeting Minutes Index
Last updated April 20, 2017 by KØCF